In this Section:
2020 Comeback Commencement
1201 South Main Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Graduates will gather on the East side of the Stadium at Gate 1. Graduates will process through the tunnel and be directed by staff to seating on the field.
Tickets are NOT required for the 2020 Comeback Commencement.
Michigan Stadium opens at 11:00 a.m.
Guests who plan to watch the graduate procession should be seated by 11:30 a.m. Concession stands in the stadium will be open for those who wish to purchase beverages and light refreshments. All concession stands are cashless – no cash will be accepted. Purchases can be made with debit or credit cards or mobile payment services such as Google Pay and Apple Pay.
The ceremony is expected to last from 1:00 p.m until approximately 3:00 p.m.
No purses, bags, wristlets, or cases of any size will be allowed in Michigan Stadium. Exceptions will be granted for medical reasons only.
Permitted items that will not fit in pockets—including medicine, medical equipment, and diapers for small children—should be placed in a clear plastic bag, quart- or gallon-size only.
Please note that, once inside the gates, no smoking is permitted anywhere in Michigan Stadium.
- Foam seat pads
- Small non-pocket seat cushions without zippers or storage slots
- Binoculars – cases are not permitted
- Cell phones and pagers
- Small cameras (those with a lens shorter than 6 inches) and radios
- Blankets and rain apparel – umbrellas are not permitted
- All bags (including purses, fanny packs, etc.)
- All bottles (including all types of water bottles)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Animals (except service animals for persons with a disability)
- Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language
- Containers of any kind (including coolers, thermoses, cups, cans, flasks)
- Flags and flagpoles
- Food of any kind
- Projectiles (including footballs, Frisbees and beach balls)
- Seat cushions containing any type of metal or those with pockets, zippers, storage slots, seat backs, arm rests, or attachments of any kind
- Video camera, tripods and selfie sticks
Additional information can be found at mgoblue.com Changes in national and regional security levels may affect security procedures at Michigan Stadium. Medical exceptions will be addressed individually at the gates. Those requiring necessary items (e.g., diapers for a baby, medical prescriptions, etc.) are encouraged to carry them into the stadium in a clear plastic bag.
We appreciate your cooperation with these security measures. Enjoy the commencement ceremony!
Concession stands in the stadium will be open for those who wish to purchase beverages and light snacks.
University of Michigan merchandise will be available at retail outlets located in the stadium.