If you’re planning to attend Winter Commencement in Ann Arbor, start by checking out the local Visitors’ Bureau website for information on hotels and restaurants. It’s advisable to make reservations as early as possible.The following checklist will help assure that you have an enjoyable and memorable day with your graduate:
- International Guests: If you need to apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony, be sure to ask your graduate to submit a request for a letter of invitation.
- Make arrangements for anyone (including yourself) requring Special Assistance during the ceremony
- Reivew the Commencement Day Schedule
- Check U-M Safety Guidelines (prohibited items) for commencement
- Review Maps and Parking information
Note: Tickets are not required for guests or graduates who attend Winter Commencement.