If you’re planning to attend Spring Commencement in Ann Arbor, start by checking out the local Visitors’ Bureau website for information on hotels and restaurants. To avoid disappointment, it’s advisable to make reservations at least a year in advance, if possible.
The following checklist will help assure that you have an enjoyable and memorable day with your graduate:
- International guests: If you need to apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony, be sure to ask your graduate to submit a request for a letter of invitation
- Visit the Ann Arbor Visitors’ Bureau website for information on hotels and restaurants
- Make hotel reservations as early as possible
- Make arrangements for you and/or fellow guests in need of special assistance during the ceremony
- Review commencement day instructions
- Check U-M safety at Michigan Stadium (prohibited items) for the commencement ceremony and plan accordingly
- Review maps and parking information
- Obtain guest tickets from your graduate
- To help avoid overcrowding on the west concourse, arrange to meet your graduate at the north or south video screens located on the outer concourse.