Share your Michigan experience!
Do you want to share your Michigan experience with your fellow graduates during Spring Commencement?
Multiple student speakers will be selected to share their story, participate in the commencement ceremony, and showcase how special U-M is to us.
The submission form will be available here beginning Monday, February 3, 2020. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
A committee of students and faculty will review all submissions and select the final speakers in mid-March!
Please note, everyone who submitted a speech for consideration will be notified of the committee’s decision.
Things to consider when submitting your speech
Your speech should…..
- Emphasize your maize and blue experience.
- Have a cohesive theme.
- Be no longer than 200 words, or two minutes when read aloud.
- All submissions must be submitted by February 27, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. for consideration.
- Selected speakers will be required to rehearse with a provided speech coach in advance of the ceremony.
- Your submitted message may not be the final speech read at commencement. Your story will be used to craft final remarks for the ceremony.