Commencement Day Schedule
Rackham Graduate Exercises begin with an academic procession from the Rackham Building to Hill Auditorium. At 8:45 a.m., graduates and candidates gather in the Rackham Auditorium, where faculty marshals and event staff will help them prepare for the procession.
Graduate Schedule for Rackham Graduate Exercises:
8:45 a.m. Assemble at Rackham Auditorium to prepare for procession to Hill Auditorium
9:15 a.m. Instructions announced
9:30 a.m. Procession begins
10:00 a.m. Rackham Graduate Exercises ceremony begins
12:00 p.m. Conclusion of ceremony (approximate)
Master’s Degree Recipients
- Take a seat in either the left or right section of Rackham Auditorium. Master’s Degree recipients do not need to sit in any particular order.
- Complete the photo card you’ll receive from faculty marshals or staff and take it with you to the ceremony in Hill Auditorium.
Doctoral Degree Recipients
- Pick up your name card and a photo card at the Ph.D. table in the Rackham lobby.
- Find your numbered seat in the center section of the auditorium. The seat number will be printed on your name card. NB: Doctoral recipients must be in alphabetical order for diploma distribution.
- Complete your photo card.
- Take both your name card and photo card with you to the ceremony in Hill Auditorium.
Beginning at 9:15 a.m., families and guests may enter Hill Auditorium through the front and side lobby doors. All guests are asked to be seated by 9:45 a.m.
Since most seats on the main floor are reserved for graduates, family members and other guests should plan to sit in the first or second balconies.
In consideration of graduates and their guests, we ask that you mute all cell phones and other mobile devices. Restless children should be taken to the lobby—where a live audio feed of the entire event will be available.