If you’re planning to attend Winter Commencement in Ann Arbor, start by checking out the local Visitors’ Bureau website for information on hotels and restaurants. To avoid disappointment, it’s advisable to make reservations as early as possible.
Note: Tickets are not required for guests or graduates who attend Winter Commencement.
The following checklist will help assure that you have an enjoyable and memorable day with your graduate:
- International guests: If you need to apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony, be sure to ask your graduate to submit a request for a letter of invitation
- Visit the Ann Arbor Visitors’ Bureau website for information on hotels and restaurants
- Make hotel reservations as early as possible
- Make arrangements for you and/or fellow guests in need of special assistance during the ceremony
- Review commencement day instructions
- Check U-M safety guidelines (prohibited items) for the commencement ceremony and plan accordingly
- Review maps and parking information