Commencement Day Instructions
Assembly for Graduates
University Graduate Exercises begins with an academic procession from the Rackham Building. Graduates and candidates gather in the Rackham Auditorium at 9:45 a.m. to prepare for the procession across Ingalls Mall and into Hill Auditorium. Faculty Marshals and event staff assist graduates in preparing for the procession.
9:45 a.m.: Assemble at Rackham Auditorium for procession to Hill Auditorium
10:15 a.m.: Procession instructions announced
10:30 a.m.: Process from Rackham Auditorium to Hill Auditorium
Master's Degree Recipients:
- Take a seat in either the left or right section of the auditorium. Master's recipients do not need to sit in any particular order.
- Complete provided photo card. Take with you to the ceremony.
Doctoral Degree Recipients:
- Pick up your name card and a photo card at the "Ph.D. table" in the Rackham lobby.
- Find your numbered seat in center section of auditorium (number is on your name card). Doctoral recipients are in alpha order for diploma distribution.
- Complete your photo card.
- Take both cards to the ceremony.
Security guidelines prohibit bringing food, beverages, large bags, and signs into the auditorium, so please plan accordingly.
Visit this link for inclement weather information.