Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
As an upcoming grad, here’s what you need to know—and do—to assure an enjoyable, glitch-free commencement day.
- Check eligibility for participating in commencement
- Apply for graduation (Check with your school or college to learn the deadline to have your name printed in the commencement program)
- International students: Submit a request for a letter of invitation if your parents need to apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony
- Provide your guests with commencement ceremony date and instructions
- Consider attending the Grad Fair or the Graduation Extravaganza
- Purchase academic attire
- Make arrangements for everyone—yourself and/or your guests—who will need special assistance during the ceremony
- Get your graduate ticket and guest tickets
- Review commencement day instructions
- Check safety at Michigan Stadium (prohibited items) for commencement
- To help avoid overcrowding on the west concourse, arrange to meet your guests at the north or south video screens located on the outer concourse