Please be sure to review the following information prior to Commencement:
Road work near Michigan Stadium has made vehicle access very limited. Please plan for extra travel time to the Stadium. If possible, plan on taking free Commencement shuttle buses from Ann Arbor hotels and central campus points. After commencement, traffic will be very congested, please make your post-commencement plans accordingly.
- Stadium Boulevard between Kipke and Main Street is closed.
- Stadium Boulevard between Kipke and Industrial is reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Eastbound Stadium Boulevard between Pioneer High School and Main Street is closed.
- Main Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction.
Due to construction, we recommend taking advantage of free Commencement shuttle buses from Ann Arbor hotels and central campus points.
- Open parking at the Stadium is very limited. Alternative parking options around campus are available.
- Parking is available at Pioneer High School for a $20/car fee. Plan enough time for the 10 minute walk from the high school to Michigan Stadium
- No bags or umbrellas will be allowed inside Michigan Stadium.
- There will not be a bag check at Michigan Stadium. Please leave your bags and umbrellas in your car or at another secure location.
Graduate Arrival and Procession
- Graduates need to arrive at 8:00 a.m.
- Graduates will gather on the east side of the stadium.
- Graduate procession into the stadium begins at 8:45 a.m.
- Graduates arriving after 9:15 a.m. will need to wait until after 10:00 a.m. to take their seats on the field.
After the Ceremony
- Graduates exit the field through the stands of the stadium.
- Plan to meet your friends and family outside of the Stadium.
- There will be NO RE-ENTRY into Michigan Stadium.
- Traffic will be very congested.
- Plan to wait around 30 minutes for the shuttle buses.