Safety (Prohibited Items)
No purses, bags, wristlets, or cases of any size will be allowed in Michigan Stadium. Exceptions will be granted for medical reasons only.
Permitted items that will not fit in pockets—including medicine, medical equipment, and diapers for small children—should be placed in a clear plastic bag, quart- or gallon-size only.
Please note that, once inside the gates, no smoking is permitted anywhere in Michigan Stadium.
- Foam seat pads
- Small non-pocket seat cushions without zippers or storage slots
- Binoculars – cases are not permitted
- Cell phones and pagers
- Small cameras (those with a lens shorter than 6 inches) and radios
- Blankets and rain apparel – umbrellas are not permitted
- Strollers are allowed, but must be parked on the concourse during the ceremony at your own risk
- All bags (including purses, fanny packs, etc.)
- All bottles (including all types of water bottles)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Animals (except service animals for persons with a disability)
- Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language
- Containers of any kind (including coolers, thermoses, cups, cans, flasks)
- Flags and flagpoles
- Food of any kind
- Projectiles (including footballs, Frisbees and beach balls)
- Seat cushions containing any type of metal or those with pockets, zippers, storage slots, seat backs, arm rests, or attachments of any kind
- Video camera, tripods and selfie sticks
Changes in national and regional security levels may affect security procedures at Michigan Stadium. Medical exceptions will be addressed individually at the gates. Those requiring necessary items (e.g., diapers for a baby, medical prescriptions, etc.) are encouraged to carry them into the stadium in a clear plastic bag.
We appreciate your cooperation with these security measures. Enjoy the commencement ceremony!